“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things.” Steve Jobs
Actually, it picked me — as I was changing my major from engineering to something else, I selected a few design and drafting/architecture courses to try out. I gravitated to the courses that got me A’s. Hence, Graphic Design seemed to tap me on my shoulder and say, “It’s a no brainer Ron”— and I was won over. Since then advertising has been in my blood.
2. What’s your favorite hobby and why?
GOLF is LIFE.
3. What famous person (dead or alive) would you like to meet and what would you say?
It would have to be Albert Einstein. I’d ask him if he would like to go golfing with me so we can talk over some vector analysis, velocity, and what matters most. And the story behind E = MC².
4. What was your first concert and do you still listen to their music?
The Rolling Stones, Bobby Womack and the Outlaws at Rich Stadium in Buffalo. And I still listen to the music from back then.
5. What actor/actress would play you in a movie and why?
I would love it to be Jeff Bridges as the Dude in the Big Lebowski (when my hair is long) or John Goodman (when I swear a lot).
6. How would you describe your primary role at JFG as it relates to customers?
Providing design and brand thinking, with a splash of concept development, and marketing strategy, to meet our client’s objectives.