1. Why did you pick this profession?
I started out as a writer and found that I enjoyed solving the daily riddles – how to get the client’s message out clearly, how to ask the right questions, how to understand and then communicate their objectives. I wanted to start this business because I felt we could be different and offer something to clients that they couldn’t find anywhere else if we just followed the Golden Rule.
2. What’s your favorite hobby and why?
I like to make bread. I love the idea that you can take four basic ingredients and transform them into something amazing right before your eyes. It’s very satisfying and calming. And there’s nothing like fresh baked bread.
3. What famous person (dead or alive) would you like to meet and what would you say?
Stevie Ray Vaughan and I’d probably beg him not to climb onto any helicopters.
4. What was your first concert and do you still listen to their music?
I saw KISS when I was in 8th grade. I still occasionally listen to their music just to feel nostalgic or when I just want to blow the cobwebs out of my head.
5. What actor/actress would play you in a movie and why?
Jimmy Stewart. I’ve always felt like him in “It’s A Wonderful Life” because I’m still in the same town I grew up in and sometimes felt trapped. I also like the final thought from Clarence: “Remember – no man is a failure who has friends.”
6. How would you describe your primary role at JFG as it relates to customers?
I try to ensure success – for our clients, for our employees and for the company as a whole.