Thank you! JFG’s tenth-anniversary CreateAthon sprouts big ideas for social good
Alright, we got some sleep. So, we thought we’d tell you a little bit about the work that was produced during our tenth-anniversary CreateAthon. Exactly one week ago, JFG closed out 24 straight hours of creative thinking, writing, production, and graphic design – all in the name of social good. The only event of its kind in Western New York, JFG’s CreateAthon is an up-all-night, around-the-clock creative workshop that produces free advertising and marketing services for local nonprofits.
“Giving back to the community in a fun and creative way is what CreateAthon is all about,” said Jack Martin, president and partner of the J. Fitzgerald Group. “The results of the event will help advance the missions of our partner charities and make an impact on the communities they serve.”
We worked with six amazing beneficiary nonprofit organizations this year to produce 32 projects in a diverse collection of work, including full multi-media campaigns, digital marketing services, and traditional advertising.
- A brochure and email template were created to help the agency reach referral sources, and new posters and radio scripts to reach expectant mothers that may be considering adoption.
- A community campaign was created to help raise awareness for the organization and the opening of a new methadone clinic. Pieces included print ads, lawn signs, door hangers, posters, brochure, social media posts, and press releases.
- In preparation of LawNY’s 50th anniversary in 2018, CreateAthon produced a 50th-anniversary logo, an event poster and email template, and a new tagline for the organization.
- With the groundbreaking of an all-inclusive playground happening this month, CreateAthon provided public relations assistance, billboards, print ads, door hangers, and brochures.
- To help combat the stigma of mental illness, a new tagline was created, along with new brochures, billboards, digital advertisements, and an updated logo design. A donation envelope to assist with fundraising was also produced.
- A multi-media campaign was created to raise the awareness about the symptoms and risks of ovarian cancer, including billboards, bus boards, digital ads, television and radio scripts, and social media support.
“We were delighted to be part of the CreateAthon,” said Kathleen Maxian, president of the Ovarian Cancer Project. “Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that this small but mighty nonprofit would have such a professional, thoughtful, and smart campaign on the symptoms and risk factors of ovarian cancer. This will help raise awareness about ovarian cancer and elevate life-saving information for the public.”
Thank you to our nonprofits for the opportunity to give back, and thank you to our 2017 media partners for contributing low or no cost advertising and production services as part of this year’s event!
CreateAthon Media Partners: WIVB-TV (Channel 4), WGRZ-TV (Channel 2), WKBW-TV (Channel 7 Eyewitness News), Entercom Buffalo, Townsquare Media’s JACK FM, Lamar Advertising, Caboodle Printing, TBN Direct, Twenty-First Century Press, Wilcro Signs and Graphics, and the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal.
CreateAthon work will be available soon at jfitzgeraldgroup.com/createathon and throughout Western New York.